Today's blessing was that of time. We have early release on Wednesdays and the kids go home an hour earlier and the teachers meet together for meetings, which can generally be pretty long. Today, though, we met quickly and then had time to work on school stuff or even go home if we wanted to. I was able to get a lot of grades entered and was still able to leave a few minutes earlier than normal. That was nice because I had set up an appointment to go visiting teaching after school.
I love visiting the sisters that I get to visit with. There is just so much to learn from the women that I have had the opportunity to teach. The sister that we visited with today has a husband that is stuck in another country for at least another year, if not more, because of visa issues and such. She has two kids at home and has to do it all without her husband. I can't even imagine. Yet she is so bubbly and fun to be around.
The other blessing of time today was time with family. Normally my husband works most evenings and I work during the day which allows us to take care of our little girl but doesn't allow us to see each other much. Because of a change in his class schedule this semester, he actually is home more evenings which has been a huge blessing. Today we were able to spend about an hour together cleaning out the garage which only made a small dent in the garage but it was time together and it was productive. Our daughter had the best time exploring around some more outside too because it's now warm enough to let her do so.
"Family, isn't it all about time."
No comments:
Post a Comment