I found out about an hour before the Webelos Den Meeting that they needed another person to have the two deep leadership. I haven't had to go for the last month or so and I even forgot for sure what time it was at. I am grateful for the opportunity that I had to help out and that they thought of asking me to do so. Asking for service is harder than giving service I think and I appreciate it when I am asked to help. I need to be better at recognizing opportunities to help though too.
We will also have the opportunity to feed the missionaries tomorrow night. I am excited to do so. It is always nice to have missionaries in the home and we don't get that very often because they cover such a large area.
My husband has been working on getting in better shape for his PT test and he's been really great about working out more often. It helps that his semester isn't as busy as the last one was. So funny story that relates to working out. It was a Sunday and we were home from church and had just finished dinner or were in the process of preparing it when my husband mentions something about doing squats. I made a feeble attempt and so he decided to show me how to do so. As he gets all lined up and ready he bends down and there is a loud tearing sound. He is one to normally have lots of stuff in his pockets like his knife and pen and other assortment of things. His leatherman he had been sticking in his back pocket which had actually started a little hole. When he went down for the squat with the knife in his back pocket it made a much larger hole and made my husband freeze and give a look of utter embarrassment. It made for a very good laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment