Saturday, May 3, 2014

Temple and Yard Sales

I didn't start to appreciate yard sales until I got married and they are now something I can't wait for.  Last weekend my hopes for yard sales were dashed because it was raining but today I was able to go and I had some great success.  My goal was to get pants and pj's for Ella because that's what we've been short on and I was able to get plenty of each and they were all about 50 cents.  Can't beat that.  I was really disappointed though because there was a really cute hat for Ella that I thought I had purchased and when I got home I realized that it wasn't there.  I was sad about that and wanted to go back to the yard sale to check but thought that would be really silly.  The more I thought about it though the more I wanted to go back and check.  Finally I decided I would go back which is a big deal because that means putting Ella back in her car seat and all that jazz.

When I got there they were cleaning everything up and I felt pretty silly because I had purchased so much stuff from them the first time they probably thought that I was a pack rat.  I was disappointed once more but on my way home is when I saw a yard sale I hadn't seen yet and that is where I was able to find the pants and pj's that I hadn't been able to find earlier.  It was a blessing to be able to find that last yard sale after I thought I was all done because that is where I got what I was truly looking for.

My husband and I try to make it to the temple every week and that has gotten harder with a child but we have been able to keep it up for the most part and it is such a blessing for us in our lives.  My husband is such a wonderful example to me.  He will always sneak away at some point in the process of getting ready for the day and will say his morning prayers.  Every day he does so, and it's even to the point sometimes that I will need to get him because we will be late for something.  He takes his time and he offers a prayer unto God.  I do too generally but I'm one that will say a quick one as I am driving because I forgot in the morning and things like that but he's so much better about kneeling down and praying at the beginning of the day.  It sure makes a difference for us in our family.  He is always striving to do what is right and is one to seek Heavenly Father's guidance.  As he does so he blesses our family immensely. I need to be better at following his example of prayer.  I am very blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment