Friday, May 2, 2014

Outside

I had another ultrasound today and they are still wanting to do regular checkups and more ultra sounds because one side of my placenta is thicker and the baby is not at the weight that it should be.  It's hard to hear things like that but the ultrasound tech said that they will continue to keep an eye on it because if the baby doesn't gain the weight that it should than they would have to take the baby out because it would be better out where they could monitor what the baby is eating.  That could be a scary thing but at the same time it was a calming thing for me.  They will continue to check on the baby and if she's not gaining the appropriate weight then they can just help her gain the weight in another way.  It was a calming idea to me because it helped to realize that the baby could still be okay either way.

After the ultrasound and little Ella's nap we went to the park which was such a wonderful thing.  I love being outside and don't get much time to be outside because of work and things but it was a beautiful day and I decided that the dishes and mess in the house could wait because Ella and I needed to spend some time outside.  Ella walked around all over trying to get a ball that all the different groups of college students were playing with.  She was able to interact with a cute little puppy and help push the stroller around.  She is definitely a little girl with a mind of her own.  She will just wander anywhere and doesn't even worry about whether or not I am following her.

The blessings of today where the understanding that what ever happens with the baby will be all right and being able to spend some time outside.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment